Burning and itching of the eyes
– Signs and symptoms:* Feel the presence of foreign body (ruby gravel) in the eyes
* Blurred vision blurred
* Red eyes
* Sensitivity to intense light
* Tears too much
* Contact lens intolerance
These symptoms usually occur in both eyes. The severity of the symptoms is not the same at different times and is often worse after exposure to wind and dust, working with computers, watching TV, or prolonged study.
– Dry eye diagnostic methods:
If you have suspected eye drops due to the above symptoms, be sure to check with your doctor. Remember that dry eye, in addition to having an uncomfortable feeling, if severe, may cause corneal puncture and permanent vision loss.
The ophthalmologist uses a variety of methods to check and diagnose the dry eye:
* See the tear layer on the eye surface using a slit lamp
* Eye coloration using special colors: These colors attach to the areas of the arid and damaged eye area and identify them.
* Measuring the amount of tear with special paper (Taper test): In this method, a special paper filter is placed inside the eyelid. After a few minutes, the moisture content absorbed by the paper filter is correlated with the amount of tear secretion. .
* Investigating the chemical compounds of tears: In this method (which is used in certain cases), the amount of solutes and tear proteins is checked.
– Dry eye treatment:
It should be noted that problems with dry eye may be very mild or very severe. In very mild cases, it may only improve the symptoms by simply applying general recommendations. But in more severe cases, different treatments may be needed.
– General recommendations:
Drink enough fluids during the day. This helps keep the body’s tissues moist, including the level of the eye.
When you are doing long-term vision work, try to eyelash voluntarily. Do not stare at the monitor page, TV or book. Close the eyelids every 5 to 10 minutes, for several seconds.
Avoid exposure to dust or smoke. Use in sunshine or medical glasses in harsh environments.
Use the cooking appliance to keep the room warm. In the cold seasons that you use from the heaters inside your home.
Do not make your eyes Rubbing the eyes will cause more irritation and worsening of the symptoms.
Notice how the dry eye symptoms get better and when it gets worse.
Avoid issues such as overheating in the room, hairdryer, and dust that may cause eye dryness.
– Artificial tear drops:
Artificial tear droplets are the most commonly used drug for the treatment of dry eye and usually eliminate dry eye symptoms. In mild and moderate cases, usually 3-4 doses of artificial tear drops are enough to eliminate the symptoms. Artificial tears are made in different pharmaceutical factories. The products of a particular factory may be more compatible with your eyes, so it’s best to identify different products in consultation with your doctor and choose a product that is more compatible with your eyes. Some types of artificial tear drops are washed promptly from the inside of the eye and they fix the symptoms for a short time. Some types of droplets are more adhesive and longer in the eye and their effects remain stable for several hours.
One important point is that the use of protective materials is used to make some tear droplets. In some people, these protective materials can irritate or worsen eye symptoms. So, especially if you use artificial tear drops repeatedly (more than 4 times a day), consult a droplet doctor who does not have any protective substances.